2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
butter for greasing the loaf pan
you'll also need:
9x5x3 inch loaf pan
1. preheat the oven to 375F, and grease the loaf pan.
2. in the mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat and all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir them together well.
3. add the buttermilk, and stir just to moisten. Pour the batter into the loaf pan, making sure it's distributed evenly. Tap it a few times on the counter.
4. bake the loaf for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. let it cool in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes, the remove the loaf and place it on the rack to cool completely. Once it's cool, slice it up and enjoy!
I got this recipe from the book Company's Coming Greatest Hits: Biscuits, Muffins & Loaves. Apparently, if you slice the loaf into 16 slices, each one will have 114 calories.