Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Salad with Strawberry Jam Vinaigrette

This salad dressing was subtle and yet tummy: I suggest everyone try it! Next time, I'll be making it with less vinegar -- I found it a tad on the too-mush-vinegar side -- and I'll replace some of that with lemon juice. I meant to do that this time, but didn't have any. You can get the recipe from the blog Coconut and Lime.






I really started eating salads when I started doing the 17-day diet, which made me appreciate vegetables all the more. I'm always looking for a good, new way to do up a salad, and this certainly counts! I only wish I'd had some of my homemade strawberry and banana jam left to do this with. But, alas, jam from the grocery store it had to be.


I think everyone should make salad dressing from scratch: it's easy, delicious, and usually better than what you can buy in the store. Having said that, I often use store-bought dressing. I'm not, after all, looking to become the apostle for 'all things homemade.'

I'm just looking to further my food obsession with a blog. Also, by looking at other people's amazing food blogs. Like Coconut and Lime: check it out! It's pretty fabulous!



No comments:

Post a Comment