five cherry tomatoes
as big a slice of St. Albray cheese as you want (or any similar mild creamy cheese)
salt and pepper to taste
you'll also need:
small oven-proof skillet
bowl or measuring cup for whisking eggs in
whisk or fork
1. preheat the oven to 350F.
2. cut your cheese into small pieces, and set it aside. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and set them aside, too. It's just nice to have everything ready, don't you think?
3. spray the frying pan with cooking spray and turn the heat to medium. The pan should be at least a bit hot before you pour in the eggs.
4. beat the eggs until they're light yellow (a bit more than for scrambled eggs), then add salt and pepper and beat them just a bit more.
5. pour the eggs into the preheated frying pan. Drop in the pieces of cheese, spacing them out so they're roughly evenly distributed. Place the cherry tomatoes in cut-side down, then reduce the heat slightly. Cook until the eggs are just a bit wobbly on top.
6. place the frying pan in the preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through. Serve them by sliding them onto a plate.
This frittata recipe is based on the ones I've made before, and also on the facts that I had this cheese sitting in my fridge and that the cherry tomatoes from our garden were looking a little sad.