20g one-minute oats (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup skim milk
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
you'll also need:
1. measure your oats into the bowl you'll be cooking them in. Add the milk and the vanilla. Stir together.
2. put the bowl in the microwave and set it at a power level just above medium-high, and set the timer for 2 minutes. For me, that's power level 8). Cook the oats for 1 minute, then stop the microwave and stir them.
3. cook the oats again until they start to rise up, then stop and stir them. Cook again, continuing the process until your oatmeal reaches the texture you want.
4. right before you put it in for the last time, sprinkle in the chocolate chips and stir. Stir again once your oatmeal comes out for the last time: you want them good and melty, so they form little swirls / pockets of melted chocolate, but not so melted that they blend into the oatmeal entirely.
5. enjoy your decadent yet mostly-healthy breakfast!
I adapted this recipe from the one I found on the blog The Chic Life.