large bunch of Brussels sprouts
1 teaspoon butter (or you could use cooking spray or oil, I just wanted the extra flavor)
salt and pepper to taste
1 scant tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 scant tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
pinch of salt and pepper
you'll also need:
small non-stick frying pan with a lid
1/4 cup water
1. wash the sprouts thoroughly in a strainer. Cut off the ends, then slice them.
2. put the butter in the pan and turn the heat to medium. Once the butter has melted, put in the Brussels sprouts. Stir them occasionally until they start to brown.
3. add 1/4 cup water to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, put the lid on and cook until the sprouts are tender. When they are done, put them in a bowl, leaving any leftover liquid behind.
4. meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
5. microwave the dressing for 10 seconds. Stir again. The dressing should be smooth and well combined.
6. once the sprouts are done and in the bowl, pour the dressing over them, and stir to coat them. That's it: you're done!
I made this recipe up.