Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Soba Noodles With Spicy Peanut Sauce

I was a little bit disappointed with this sauce: it could have been less liquidy and maybe a bit saltier. Ah well: next time I'll try adding less water -- maybe that will do the trick. The idea was solid, though, and I liked the bits of heat that I encountered in the sauce.






Ingredients:
30g dry soba noodles (or other Asian wheat noodle)
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Splenda brown sugar
1 clove of garlic, pressed
1/4 teaspoon chili oil (or hot sauce, I used the oil)
2 teaspoons of water

you'll also need:
medium pot of water
bowl for stirring / jar for mixing
garlic press
pasta strainer

1. in a jar, mix together all the ingredients but the noodles.Shake the jar until they are blended. If this doesn't work, as it didn't for me, stir the ingredients until they are blended, then remember you forgot the water and stir that in, too. Although next time I will try using less water than the recipe calls for.

2. bring the pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package directions, until softened. When they're done, drain them and rinse them with cold water.
3. put the noodles in a serving dish, and add the sauce. Toss the noodles until they're coated. Eat while warm.





I got this recipe from the book Serves One. 

No comments:

Post a Comment