1 small broccoli crown, trimmed
2 teaspoons butter
1 heaping tablespoon chopped hazelnuts
salt and pepper, to taste
you'll also need:
a small non-stick frying pan
pot of water and a steamer
1. in a non-stick frying pan, toast your hazelnuts over medium heat, tossing frequently, until they're roasted. Then rub them in a paper towel to remove their skins. If you can find roasted blanched hazelnuts at the store you can skip this step. But the nuts are what really make this great, so don't leave them out altogether.
2. wash your broccoli and separate them into small pieces. Put them in the steamer.
3. bring the pot of water to a boil and put the steamer over it, reducing the heat to medium. Cover it with its lid and let the broccoli steam until it's just tender, about 4 minutes.
4. remove the steamer attachment with the broccoli. Put the butter in the pot, still over medium heat, and melt it until it sizzles. Stir in the hazelnuts, then put in the broccoli.
5. off the heat, stir the broccoli to coat it. Season it with salt and pepper, the stir again. Serve and eat your broccoli while it's warm.
I got this recipe from the cookbook Serves One.