1/2 a sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch strips
a few pinches of salt
pepper to taste
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 a small onion, minced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup ketchup
you'll also need:
a baking sheet lined in foil
small non-stick frying pan
1. once you've gotten your sweet potato cut up into strips (for which, by the way, you deserve some kind of a medal), lay them on the baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. spray the potatoes with cooking spray and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Toss them together with your hands to make sure they get evenly coated. Then spread them out in an even layer.
3. bake them for 30 minutes, turning them with the spatula halfway through.
4. in the non-stick pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and onion, stirring frequently, and cook until the onions are soft and translucent, but not browned.
5. remove them from the heat and stir them into the ketchup.
6. when the fries are ready, serve them with the ketchup. It's okay to double-dip if you don't plan on later sharing your condiment!
I got this recipe from the magazine Family Circle.