1 package ground turkey (about 3/4 pounds)
3 tablespoons panko crumbs
1 minced scallion
1 minced clove of garlic
1 and 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 and 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
the zest of one lemon, chopped
the juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
you'll also need:
a large bowl
small non-stick frying pan
medium sized freezer bag
1. in the large bowl, mix together the panko crumbs, scallion, garlic, parsley, lemon zest and juice, and soy sauce. Stir with a fork to combine.
2. add the ground turkey and mix with your hands until everything is combined. Form the meat into three roughly equal patties.
3. heat the vegetable oil in the pan over medium heat until it's hot. While you're waiting, place each of the extra patties on a piece of saran wrap and cover them up individually. Then wrap them in tin foil and place them in the freezer, flat. In a few hours, once they are frozen, put them in a freezer bag and store them in any position you want.
4. when the oil is hot, put your burger in, pressing down on the top slightly with your fingers. Let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked halfway through.
5. when the burger is cooked halfway through, flip it over and press down on it with the spatula. Continue cooking until it's completely cooked. Then transfer to a plate and enjoy!
I adapted this recipe from one I found in the magazine Family Circle.