enough scallops for four people (mine came in packages, and I used 1 and 1/2)
1 375g package of Catelli cracked black pepper fettuccine
4 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper, generous amounts
you'll also need:
large non-stick pan
large pot of salted water
1. heat the water until it comes to a boil. The add the pasta and cook until it's al dente, about 9 minutes.
2. drain the pasta, then put it back in the pot.
3. meanwhile, while the water is coming to a boil, heat the butter in the pan over medium heat until it's melted.
4. add the scallops to the pan, and season them generously with salt and pepper. Cook until they're halfway done (they'll start to look translucent), then turn them with the spoon. Season again with salt and pepper, and let them cook until they're done.
5. when the scallops are cooked (the pasta should also be done), turn off the heat and add them, with the butter in the pan, to the pot of pasta. Toss until everything is mixed, then serve into four pasta bowls.
I made this recipe up.