1 chicken breast
the juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
handful of cherry tomatoes
30g whole wheat egg noodles (uncooked)
1/4 - 1/3 cup blend of 4 shredded white cheeses
1 teaspoons butter, room temperature
you'll also need:
medium non-stick wok
small pot of salted water
bowl for marinating
1. slice the chicken into strips of about the same size, removing visible fat.
2. mix together the lemon juice and sugar in a shallow bowl large enough to fit all the meat in. Add the chicken to the bowl, turning to make sure it's coated with the marinade. Let the chicken sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, turning again halfway through if you feel like it.
3. heat the wok over medium heat. When it's warm, place the chicken strips in, discarding the marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Cook them, stirring frequently, until they're done. If too much liquid accumulates in the wok during cooking, pour it off.
4. meanwhile, bring the pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the egg noodles until they're al dente, then drain them. Put them back in the pot, add the butter and cheese, and stir until mixed. Serve in a shallow plate.
5. cut the sherry tomatoes in half and add them to the pasta plate. Top with half of the lemon chicken. And there you have it! But I think the chicken would be better with rice.
I made this recipe up out of boredom.