Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie

This smoothie will make a good addition to my breakfast arsenal. As a general rule, I don't like smoothies as part of a meal because I often don't find them filling enough. But this one was nice, had a smooth texture, and just enough of a peanut-y taste to satisfy me. It also wasn't too sweet, which is a good thing. I will definitely try different twists on this, like using frozen bananas to make it colder and a bit thicker.




Ingredients:
1 banana, sliced
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon extra-creamy peanut butter (or whatever you have on hand)

you'll also need:
a blender

1. put the milk and banana in the blender ( a small one if you have it) and pulse until they're combined. Remember to put the top on! Forgetting to do this hasn't actually happened to me, but I live in fear.
2. take to top off and add the peanut butter. My theory is that adding it later keeps the blades from gumming up, but I haven't actually tried it another way. Put the top back on and blend until it's smooth and frothy.
3. pour it into your favorite glass and enjoy it somewhat slowly. It's great on a slightly mopey-looking early-Fall morning.  


I adapted this recipe from one in the March 2009 Good Housekeeping magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment