1/2 chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
1/2 a pepper, cut into pieces
2 mushrooms, cut in half or quartered
1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
about 1 tablespoon honey mustard
about 1/2 tablespoon Sweet with Heat mustard-style condiment
you'll also need:
non-stick grill pan
5 to 6 wooden skewers, soaked at least 30 minutes
1. skewer your meat and vegetables: I put the meat on separate skewers so I could be sure they would touch the pan.
2. spray the grill pan with cooking spray and heat it on medium heat until it's hot.
3. mix together the oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brush it on the meat and vegetables on all sides. Discard any leftover basting mixture.
4. cook the meat and vegetables for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once with the tongs, or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. meanwhile, mix the mustard and the hot and sweet stuff together in a small bowl for dipping. To be honest, I didn't measure and came up with this sauce on the fly, anyway. Dip your food in whatever you'd like. But this was good. If it helps, both products are by President's choice. I'm pretty sure you find them both in the mustard aisle.
I adapted this recipe from one in the magazine Woman's Day.