Friday, July 8, 2011

Salmon Packet with Sicilian Flavors

I love cooking in packets because it means everything will stay nice and juicy and tender. I also like that I can abandon my meal in the oven and forget it until the timer goes off. This packet turned out pretty nice, with mild flavors of everything mixing together, while still tasting like wild salmon. I love salmon!

Ingredients:
5-ounce salmon fillet, skin off
salt and black pepper
1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2-3 thin lemon slices
some small black sliced olives
1/2 teaspoon capers, rinsed

you'll also need:
a baking sheet
aluminum foil


1. preheat the oven to 500 F. Tear off a 12-inch square piece of aluminum foil and put it shiny-side down on the counter. Place the salmon in the middle of it.
2. season your fish with salt and pepper, then drizzle on the olive oil. Scatter the capers and olives around it.

3. close the packet up by bringing the two wide sides together and scrunching / crimping them together. Close up the other sides. Make sure you haven't wrapped it too tightly: you want heat to circulate within the packet.
4. put the packet on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 12 minutes. When it's done, take it out and let it rest on a serving plate for a few minutes before opening it up. Always remember to be careful because the steam can burn you!


I got this recipe from Serves One, except I used a different kind of olives. As always, I highly recommend this great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment