4-5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips or chunks
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger root
1/4 cup water or chicken broth (I used broth)
1 tablespoon Chinese oyster sauce
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 and 1/2 cups baby bok choy, chopped
a handful of cashews (optional)
you'll also need:
small non-stick wok
1. once you've minced your garlic and ginger, put them in a small bowl. Cut up the chicken, then mix it in the bowl with the garlic and ginger. Set aside. You could cover and refrigerate it up to 12 hours.
2. in a measuring cup, measure and mix the broth and the oyster sauce. Set aside.
3. wash, chop and spin dry the baby bok choy. I just used one of them and called it a day.
4. heat the oil over medium heat and add the chicken. Stir-fry until it's not raw-looking anymore.
5. add the oyster sauce and broth mixture. Continue stir-frying until the chicken is cooked through (about 8 minutes perhaps).
6. add the baby bok choy and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
7. take off the heat and stir in the cashews, if you're using them. Serve the stir-fry in a bowl.
I got this recipe from Serves One.