2 large eggs
5 mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
a bunch of grated cheddar cheese, depending on your preference
a pat of butter
a pinch each of salt and pepper
you'll also need:
a small oven-proof skillet (if you don't have one, double-wrap aluminum foil around the handle of a regular pan; be sure it does not have non-stick coating)
a fork or whisk to beat your egg
non-stick cooking spray
1. melt the butter over medium heat and swirl to coat pan. As soon as the butter has melted, dump in the slices mushrooms and cook them until tender and slightly shrunken. When done, turn off the element, remove them from the pan and let them cool so they don't cook your eggs when you put them in.
2. preheat the oven to 350 F and wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
3. in whatever you usually use to beat eggs, beat your eggs with salt and pepper until thoroughly beaten. Stir in the mushrooms until they're well coated.
4. spray the pan well with non-stick cooking spray, turn the heat to medium and pour in the egg mixture. When the top really begins to set, reduce the heat a little.
5. once the top of the eggs is almost completely set (but still a teeniest bit jiggly), remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese evenly over the top. Put the pan in the oven and make for 5 minutes, or until cheese had melted and formed a crust.
6. slide it out of the pan and onto a plate. Let it sit a minute or two until it's not scorching hot. Yummy!
I made this up, on the basis that you can never really go wrong with eggs.