2 small potatoes
1 garlic clove
at least 2 tablespoons of skim milk
salt and pepper to taste
you'll also need:
a double boiler / steamer
1. wash potatoes and cut in half. Peel the garlic clove, smash it and slice it.
2. put a healthy amount of salted water in your pot, put the steamer on top and turn the heat on high. Put in the potatoes and garlic. Once the water comes to a boil, cover the steamer with a lid and reduce the heat to medium. Let steam for 20 minutes.
3. once the potatoes are done, lift out the steamer and empty to pot of water. Put the potatoes back in the now empty pot.
4. with 1 tablespoon of milk, mash the potatoes, adding more milk, by the tablespoon, as needed.
5. mix in salt and pepper to taste and serve. Yummy simple potatoes!
I made this recipe up. Because, really, how hard is it to mash potatoes?