1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon salt
pinch of dried thyme
pinch of pepper
1/4 cup brown basmati rice
pinch of salt
1/4 plus 1/8 cup water
1/4 teaspoon canola oil
you'll also need:
small pot with lid
small non-stick frying pan
1. peel the tomato by pouring boiling water over it and letting it sit immersed for a minute, then cooling it with cold water. Remove the peel and dice the tomato.
2. put the rice in the small pot with the water, canola oil, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
3. cook the rice for 10 minutes, then stir in the tomato. Reduce the heat slightly to help with the extra liquid, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes. If there is still liquid remaining, uncover the pot, increase the heat, and boil it off, stirring the rice occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. Serve the rice when done.
4. meanwhile, mix the allspice, salt, pepper, and thyme together in a small bowl. Pat the beef dry with a paper towel and rub it on both sides with the spice mixture.
5. spray the frying pan with cooking spray and heat it over medium. When it's hot, place the steak in the pan. Cook it until well-seared on the first side and browned at least halfway up the sides. Flip it over with tongs and cook it until it's done to your liking.
6. serve the steak with the rice.
I made this recipe up.