zest of 2 limes
1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice (2 to 3 limes)
1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup and 3/4 cup 35% cream, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
you'll also need:
large non-stick frying pan
4 1-cup custard bowls with covers
1. in the saucepan, whisk together the 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Add the lime juice, zest, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup of the cream, whisking together.
2. over medium heat, cook the mixture while stirring constantly until it thickens.
3. pour the mixture into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap touches the surface of the mixture. Refrigerate until cold.
4. melt the butter in the frying pan over medium heat. Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar and brown them, stirring frequently, for a few minutes.
5. press the graham crust mixture into the bottom of the custard bowls. Refrigerate until cold and mostly firm.
6. in a mixing bowl, whip the 3/4 cup of cream with the hand mixer, then fold in the chilled lime mixture. When blended, spoon on top of the graham crusts in the custard bowls, smooth the tops, and cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, then serve. If desired, garnish with more whipped cream and lime zest.
I got this recipe from the summer booklet of Tchin Tchin, a pamphlet put out by the SAQ.