2 slices of pork tenderloin, about 1/4 pound in total
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
7 red pearl onions
3 cups of water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons sugar
healthy pinch of salt
you'll also need:
non-stick frying pan
1. place 3 cups of water in the pot with the sugar, lemon juice, and a healthy pinch of salt. Peal the pearl onions and drop them in the pot.
2. bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, cook the onions for 10 minutes. Drain them and serve them with your meat (I served mine in a small bowl so they wouldn't roll around.
3. meanwhile, place the pieces of tenderloin, one at a time, between a layer of wax paper so it's covered on both sides. Pound it with the meat mallet until it's thin. Pat the pieces dry with a paper towel.
4. in a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, and sage. Rub the mixture onto the pork on both sides.
5. in the frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium temperature until it's hot. Place the meat into the pan (it should sizzle), and cook it until the bottom is seared and the side is white and looks cooked. Flip it over with tongs and cook until seared and cooked through. Serve the pork with the onions. Enjoy!
I made this recipe up.