1 chicken breast, cut into pieces
2 medium carrots, peeled and juliened
2 handfulld of green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
60g dry Soba noodles
1/2 to 1 red pepper, cut into strips (I did not have any but wanted to use some)
1/2 tablespoon chili oil
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/2 bottle VH-brand Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
you'll also need:
large non-stick wok
pot of lightly salted water
1. bring the water to a boil and prepare the noodles according to package directions, cooking for the minimum amount of time. Dran the noodles and rinse them woth cold water. Set aside.
2. spray the wok with cooking spray and heat it over medium. When it's hot and the oil has started to bead, drop in the chicken pieces. Stir-fry them until they are no longer translucent.
3. meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the chili oil and soy sauce. Add them to the chicken and stir-fry until the chicken has become glazed. Remove the chicken from the wok, leaving behind any remaining soy sauce mixture.
4. add the vegetables to the wok and stir-fry until they have started to soften.
5. return the chicken to the wok and add the VH orange ginger sauce. Stir until everything is coated. Add the noodles to the wok and mix them in until coated.
6. stir-fry until the noodles and chicken are heated through. Serve. It will leave a 'hot' after-taste in your mouth; if you aren't a fan of spicy food, reduce the amount of chili oil. This reheats well.
I adapted this recipe from one in the calendar Recipes Plus 2012.