about 500 grams mixture of lean ground pork, beef and veal (sometimes called meatloaf meat)
1 slice of whole-grain or whole-wheat bread
7 grams fine-ground sea salt
you'll also need:
baking sheet lined with foil
small Ziploc baggies
small ice cream/cookie dough scoop (optional)
1. toast the slice of bread, then break it into pieces. Put the pieces in the food processor and pulse until you have crumbs. Put the crumbs in a small bowl.
2. add the salt to the crumbs and mix them together with your hands.
3. put the three kings of ground meat in a large bowl and mix a bit with your hands, breaking it apart so the three are integrated.
4. add the egg, lightly beaten, and the bread crumb mixture to the meat and mix gently with your hands until just incorporated. Be careful not to over-mix.
5. use the small ice cream/cookie dough scoop to make uniform meatballs, or just use your hands. Make sure they are packed together, and place them on the baking sheet. Place them in the freezer for an hour or two on the sheet, then re-package them in the small baggies in individual servings. Put the baggies inside the freezer bags, and freeze the meatballs until you're ready to eat them. Thaw them in the fridge the night before you want to cook them.
I made this recipe using the book Ratio.