1 tablespoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
a few dashes of nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon curry powder
you'll also need:
large non-stick wok
1. peel and dice your beautiful, unspoilt eggplant.
2. mix the spices together at the bottom of a large bowl.
3. add the eggplant to the bowl and toss it with the spices.
4. heat about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in the wok and put in a bunch of the eggplant.
5. fry it, stirring frequently, until it softens and smells deceptively good.
6. remove the eggplant, add more oil, and repeat until all your eggplant is cooked.
7. try the eggplant. Make a face, and throw most of it out after reluctantly eating the first bowl.
8. be sad about it, and slightly guilty.
9. blog about it, as a cautionary tale.
Sadly, I made this recipe up.