1 full-to-overflowing cup of chunky tomato sauce
1/2 to 2/3 cup vegetable broth
3 basic three-meat freezer meatballs, defrosted
30 grams whole wheat Casarecce (or other pasta)
you'll also need:
small frying pan
small pot with lid
small pot of salted water
1. combine the tomato sauce and broth in the small pot that has a lid. Using the immersion blender, puree it so it's only a little chunky.
2. heat it until it begins to bubble.
3. meanwhile, spray the frying pan with cooking spray and heat it over medium. Brown the meatballs on all sides.
4. once the meatballs and browned and the soup is bubbling, put the meatballs in the soup, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
5. bring the salted water to a boil, and add the Casarecce (or other pasta). Cook according to package directions, the drain.
6. when the soup is ready, stir in the pasta and heat through. Serve your soup, and enjoy your slightly unconventional meal.
I made this recipe up.