1/4 teaspoon salt, plus a large pinch
1/4 cup orzo
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (I used fresh goat's cheese: very creamy texture)
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
1 and 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 heaping tablespoon roasted pistachios
you'll also need:
salad tongs (or something else to toss your salad with)
1. in the small saucepan, combine 2 cups of water with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bring the water to a boil and dump in the orzo. Cook until al dente, between 7 and 9 minutes. Drain through the sieve instead of a strainer so non of your precious orzo escapes down the sink.
2. I recommend doing all the other steps before that one.
3. in a mixing bowl, combine the goat's cheese, olive oil, vinegar, a large pinch of salt, and pepper to taste. Mix them up until combined. Set aside.
4. keep all the other ingredients separate.
5. once the orzo is done, add it to the bowl with the dressing, and toss gently to coat. Add the spinach, and toss again. Then add the onion and pistachios, tossing to coat them. Serve the whole thing in a bowl. It will still be warm, and it will be quite filling!
I got this recipe from Serves One.