2 whole wheat lasagna noodles
1/2 red pepper, chopped
5 white mushrooms, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup arabiata sauce (or other tomato sauce)
1/4 pound lean ground beef
1/4 package taco seasoning
1/4 cup water
you'll also need:
a small baking dish to make your lasagna in (mine was oval)
big pot full of salted water
small non-stick frying pan
small food processor
baking sheet covered in foil (optional)
1. bring the water in the pot to a boil, and dump in your noodles. Cook them according to package directions, then strain them, rinse them with cold water, and cut them in half. Your lasagna will have four layers.
2. meanwhile, put your vegetables in the food processor with the blade in and pulse them until they form a mush. Mmmmm vegetable mush!
3. over medium heat, brown the hamburger meat, then add the taco seasoning and water. Cook, stirring every once in a while, until the liquid has been absorbed.
4. preheat the oven to 350F.
5. once everything is ready, spray the dish you'll be baking the lasagna in. Layer down a tiny bit of the tomato sauce, then put down one noodle. Cover with 1/3 of the vegetable mixture, 1/3 of the taco meat, 1/4 of the tomato sauce and 1/4 of the cheese. Continue this until you get to the last noodle. On top of that, put the remaining tomato sauce and cheese.
6. transfer the dish to a baking sheet if you didn't already have it on there. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese had melted and the sauce is bubbly. It will be hot, and messy, so be careful when you eat it!
I made this recipe up based on my love of taco meat.