4-6 stalks asparagus
1/2 teaspoon capers, rinsed
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
you'll also need:
a double-boiler or pot with a steamer attachment
1. wash the asparagus and trim the ends by snapping them off. Put them in a steamer.
2. rinse the capers and put them in the steamer with the asparagus.
3. fill the pot partway with water, making sure it does not wet the bottom of the steamer. Bring the water to a boil, then cover the steamer with a lid, reducing the heat slightly.
4. steam the asparagus for about 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
5. when done, put the asparagus and capers on a plate and drizzle them with the olive oil.
6. sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy them. This makes a nice simple side dish for one.
I got this recipe from Serves One.