Saturday, June 18, 2011

Latte with Foam

I admit it: I am one of those yuppies who own a Keurig coffee machine. I know, I know: this makes me some kind of consumerist whore. But the darn thing brews single cups of coffee! And it makes great hot chocolate with no lumps in less than a minute! I mean, come on: no more lukewarm coffee, and fast hot chocolate? Surely I can be forgiven my sin on this one...

Anyway, the latte recipe implies using this fancy-schmancy coffeemaker. But I'm sure you could modify it if you wanted.
Ingredients:
1 strong K-cup (I used Van Houtte Eclipse blend)
1/2 cup skim milk
(optional topping: I used sugar,chocolate and cinnamon mix)

you'll also need:
a rad coffee maker (or, you know, whatever)
coffee frother
microwave


1. brew your k-cup on the small brew setting directly into a cup.
2. froth your milk with the frother. I admit, I don't have the 90$ Keurig brand frother because that's just insane.
3. once you have your froth, heat it for 20 seconds in the microwave.
4. pour most of it into the coffee and stir it in. Put the rest of it -- the frothiest part -- on top of the coffee. Garnish with sweetener if you so desire. I know I did!

 
I got this recipe from the Keurig website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment