1 tablespoon pine nuts
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion or shallot (I just used one shallot)
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (I used one clove)
3 cups baby spinach, washed
1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons water
salt and pepper to taste
you'll also need:
medium skillet or wok
lid to cover skillet or wok
1. over a low heat, toast your pine nuts until they're lightly browned, stirring often so they don't burn. When done, remove them from heat and set aside.
2. increase heat to medium. Heat the olive oil, and add your onion and garlic. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. add your spinach, chickpeas and 2 tablespoons water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Put the lid on it.
4. cook, covered, until spinach has wilted and chickpeas are warm, about 5 minutes.
5. serve, and scatter the toasted pine nuts on top.
I got this recipe from Serves One. Once again, a truly worthwhile cookbook that I recommend getting.