Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Easy Cheesy Mushrooms

I had just finished wolfing down my burger when I decided to make this. I had half a scallion left, a pan with a bit of oil in it and a bunch of tired, old, sad-looking mushrooms in my fridge. Hence was born this recipe of necessity. I personally liked it: not too cheesy, just cheesy enough. In successful ad-hoc cooking -- as in flirting -- getting the right amount of cheese is important. If you don't have a dirty, oily pan you can heat up, use 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of oil.




Ingredients:
about 1/2 scallion or a bit of other onion
5 mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
pinch of salt

you'll also need:
small non-stick pan

1. reheat your oily pan / heat oil in your pan over medium heat. Get it warm, then put in your scallion and mushrooms. Sprinkle a bit of salt over them.

2. cook, stirring every so often, until they've shrunk the desired amount. You want them pretty well done.
3. bunch your mushrooms into the middle of your pan and sprinkle the cheese on top. Toss two or three times, so cheese just starts to melt, then remove from heat. Keep mixing until cheese is completely melted. Serve your mushrooms and feel proud about using up your leftovers. Make sure to scrape any stray delicious cheese from your pan so you can eat it all up.

I made this recipe up based on the fact that I felt like using up leftovers and I wanted some cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment