1 large flour tortilla (soft)
1 medium sliced tomato
some shredded lettuce
3 slices of bacon (I used center-cut smoked applewood)
salt and pepper
You'll also need:
non-stick grill pan
1. cook your bacon in an un-greased pan at medium heat. If you like your bacon super-crispy, cook it until you're sure it's died and cooked beyond repair. Then place it on paper towels to drain.
2. while your bacon is cooking, wash, spin and tear some lettuce until you have as much as you want. Slice up your tomato.
3. spread a thin layer of mayonnaise all over your tortilla as it lies on a plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat up your grill pan on medium heat.
4. put your bacon slices down the center of the tortilla. Put your tomato slices on top of them. Add a bit of mayonnaise to each of your tomato slices, then salt and pepper again.
5. add your shredded lettuce. If you want to, add grated cheese (I didn't).
6. fold the sides of your tortilla over so that it forms a pocket over your filling.
7. place your tortilla seam-side down on the grill and let it cook for two minutes so it gets nice lines on it and seals itself shut. Flip over using a spatula and let it grill another two minutes.
8. eat it. Enjoy it. A great twist on a classic BLT: yum!
I adapted this recipe from one found in Brunch.